Monday, August 24, 2015

Climbing Wall

For the past week or so, when I had a spare hour or more I have been working on building a portable adjustable climbing wall. I wanted to build one for my daughter so I can start teaching her the basics of sport climbing. I also wanted it adjustable to change the difficulty so I can get some practice as well.


I started working on the fabrication of the parts with my brother. We worked on it for a couple hours the first day and got a lot of the wood cut to correct size and a lot of the holes drilled. Then it was getting late so we called it a night.


After the first night I worked on finishing all the parts and getting it ready for assembly. I ordered the hand holds online and had to wait for those to arrive before I could assemble the parts.


Once the hand holds arrived I installed those in the wall sections and assembled the parts to create the  adjustable wall and got to climbing!






No comments:

Post a Comment