Saturday, June 15, 2013

Trust your Gut

Lately I have been trying to get back into better shape. I have been exercising and working out almost every day for a couple months now. I've been able to get out and hike a handful of times this year. And I've also been playing basketball a couple times a week to help get my endurance up to par. Yesterday I was playing some pickup ball after work and played several games and had won 3 or 4 games in row. I was about to call it quits for the day and head home. But then my teammates convinced me to play one more game. I should have trusted my gut and left when I initially felt like I was done. 

About half way through that last game I jumped up to attempt to block a shot but then got undercut by another player and came down on the outside of my foot and rolled my ankle with all my weight coming down on my turned ankle. I felt a pop in my ankle and went down immediately. There was massive swelling almost instantly. I elevated my foot and iced it for quite a bit before I left the gym. Got home took some Ibuprofen and continued to ice and elevate my foot. Within an hour my ankle was massivley swollen and by the next morning it started to turn a light purple color. 

Needless to say this will prevent me from hiking for some time.  I'll try to work on other aspects of this site and keep things updated as much as possible. Hopefully I can make a quick and complete recovery and get back on the trail as soon as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment