Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Peterson Ridge Trail


Well today was a day full of disappointments. I started out in search of a good Lake hike. I headed toward Green Lakes Trailhead. About 6 miles from the trailhead I ran into a "Road Closed" sign. Apparently there had been some wildfires in the area and the roads were closed in that whole area for the next year or so. I didn't feel like hiking an extra 6 miles just to get to the trail head, I was on a time crunch this morning. So I headed back toward Sisters Oregon looking for option number 2. Luckily I did find a cool spiderweb of trails just outside of the small town of Sisters called the Peterson Ridge Trail. So I parked and started hiking, I soon realized this is a perfect spot for some trail running so I synched up the backpack and started jogging. It was a perfect trail for jogging and biking and in fact I came across several people doing just those things. Although there were many different trails interconnected to one another it might have been easy to get lost, but at every intersection there was a sign clearly labeled with where you are and where each path goes with a distance marker on it. The trail was almost all dirt with an occasional rock or tree root in the trail. As I ran I would constantly run from under the sunbeams into shade from the dispersed trees. It was a great clear warm morning and I had a good workout.

I managed to jog several miles and then came across a spectacular view point along the trail of several of the peaks here in Central Oregon. I took pictures of the Three Sisters and one other peak I am unaware of what its called. It was truly a sight to be seen. Then I turned around and headed back...this is where another disappointment came in my day. While transferring my photos I had just taken today to my computer somehow they were all deleted and I wasn't able to save or use any of them. So unfortunately you'll have to just read this post and take my word for it...

UPDATE!!!

Somehow my photos reappeared. I think they got saved to my iPhoto Stream account as soon as they entered into my computer but thats when my computer froze and then the photos were gone once I rebooted. I thought they were lost forever, but they saved to the cloud! Thank you iCloud! Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment